Autism Spectrum Disorders
Hearing Impairment/Sign Language
Sensory Processing Disorder
This is an ever changing list. Your child's therapist may recommend one or more of these books for your reading pleasure.
- Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson, Ed.D and Richard Guare, Ph.D
- Quirky Kids by Perri Klass, M.D. and Eileen Costello, M.D.
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson Ph.D
- The Out of Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder byCarol Stock Kranowitz, M.A.
- The Out of Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder byCarol Stock Kranowitz, M.A.
- Sensory Integration and the Child by A. Jean Ayres
- Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew: Updated and ExpandedEdition by Ellen Notbohm
- Raising a Sensory Smart Child by Lindsey Biel, MA, OTR/L and Nancy Peske
- Tools for Tots: Sensory Strategies for Toddlers and Preschoolers by Diana A. Henry,MS, OTR/L, Maureen Kane-Wineland, Ph.D, OT/L and Susan Swindeman, OTR/L
- Beyond Baby Talk: From Speaking to Spelling: A Guide to Language and LiteracyDevelopment for parents and Caregivers 2nd Edition by Kenn Apel Ph.D. and JulieMasterson Ph.D.
- It Takes Two to Talk by Elaine Weitzman